Do you ever watch someone skateboarding and think to yourself, “how do they make that jump?” Skateboarding is an amazing sport that can take you anywhere. But, like with any other sport, there are tricks and techniques that you need to know in order to be successful. In this blog post, we’re going to teach you how to jump on your skateboard. So, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced skater, keep reading for some tips!
What You Will Need
The following things will be needed:
- A complete skateboard.
- A helmet.
- Knee and elbow pads.
- Pads for your hips, tailbone, and buttocks (if you’re a girl).
- A friend or someone who can help you balance on the board.
- Shoes that won’t slip off the board easily.
With all of these things, you will be able to jump on a skateboard like a pro in no time!
Here are some helpful tips to remember when learning how to jump on a skateboard:
- Wear the proper safety gear: You must wear a helmet, and knee, and elbow pads for your safety. And also, find a clear area to practice: Look for an area that is free of obstacles like cars, bushes, or people so you can focus on perfecting your technique.
- Start small and work your way up. When learning new tricks, it is best to start small and work your way up. For example, if you are learning how to do a nollie (a variation of the ollie in which the skater pops up off the nose of the board instead of the tail), start by trying to do a regular ollie. Once you have mastered that, then try to do a nollie. Practice this move until you feel comfortable doing it. Once you have mastered the ollie, you can move on to more advanced tricks.
- As you bend your knees, jump into the air, using your back foot to push off the tail of the board and help propel yourself upward. As you jump, simultaneously lift your front foot off the nose of the board and quickly tuck it underneath your body. As you land, place both feet back on the board in the starting position.
- The key is to keep practicing and not get discouraged if you don’t get it the first time. Like anything else, skateboarding takes practice and patience.
- Ask a friend or skateboarding instructor for help if you’re having trouble. They can give you pointers and tips on how to improve your skating.
Have fun: Skateboarding is supposed to be fun so make sure you are enjoying yourself while you are learning. If you are not having fun, then you are probably not going to stick with it. So find a spot that you enjoy skating in and practice, practice, practice!
Steps on How to Jump on a Skateboard
Skateboarding is an exciting activity that requires patience and understanding to master. Please read through the steps below before trying them out for yourself!
Step 1: Position your feet on the board
The first thing you need to do is to find the right stance on your skateboard. Place your feet on the board in a comfortable position where you feel stable. For beginners, placing your feet shoulder-width apart and bent at a 45-degree angle is recommended. You can also try other positions until you find the one that is most comfortable for you.
Step 2: Maintain proper posture
To maintain proper posture, keep your back straight and your knees bent. Remember to look ahead and not down at your feet as this can cause you to lose balance.
Step 3: Bend your knees and jump into the air
As you bend your knees, jump into the air, using your back foot to push off the tail of the board and help propel yourself upward. As you jump, simultaneously lift your front foot off the nose of the board and quickly tuck it underneath your body.
Step 4: Push off the ground
Next, use your back foot to push off the ground and help propel yourself upward. As you jump, simultaneously lift your front foot off the nose of the board and quickly tuck it underneath your body.
Step 5: Land on the board
As you land, place both feet back on the board in the starting position. Practice this move until you feel comfortable doing it. Once you have mastered the ollie, you can move on to more advanced tricks.
What is it called when you jump on a skateboard?
When you jump on a skateboard, it is called an “ollie.”
The ollie is one of the most fundamental skateboarding tricks. It is essentially jumping up and grabbing the board with your hand, then putting your foot on the board to stabilize it. Once you have mastered this basic move, you can go on to learn more complicated tricks.
Why is a skateboard jump called an ollie?
The ollie is a skateboarding trick where the rider and board jump into the air without using their hands. It is believed that AlanGelfand, who was a teenage skateboarder at the time, first invented it while practicing in his backyard pool. He named it after his dog, Ollie.
The ollie has been adopted by other extreme sports athletes, such as BMX riders and snowboarders. This move is also sometimes used in ballroom dancing and figure skating. While there are many variations of the ollie, the most common one involves jumping into the air with your front foot.
Now that you know how to jump on a skateboard, you can avoid potential accidents by being more cautious. Be sure to wear the proper safety gear, such as a helmet and elbow and knee pads, whenever you ride. And always skate in an area that is free of obstacles so that you can focus on perfecting your technique. With a little practice, you’ll be jumping on your skateboard like a pro in no time!